Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Time to get outside.

I've been home nursing a bad back. I was supposed to get a massage today, but the poor lady that was going to do that for me is home sick. God Bless you, I hope you feel better soon. Myrtle, our boxer, is outside, where the temperature has finally crept above the 40's and is now around 60 degrees.She has spent the last few days being completely worthless like me here in the house. I can feel the fat cells expanding as I write this. I truly think just looking at some food has increased my girth and killed my ambition. As I said, Myrtle is outside, not too happy with me,  but she is fine. It's not windy, the sun is bright, and she needs to get over my being here and her being there.

I need to get outside and take in the  the sun and fresh air. The problem is that I think I am suppose to be productive and do something. There are plenty of somethings to do from raking leaves to cutting limbs to finishing up the great hole I am digging next to our screen porch. It will be a patio one day, but the foundation area needs to be dug out. The gravel and all the other goodies that need to go in the area await at some place that I need to research. Of course, I need exercise to help my back, but digging isn't exactly what I need to do. Perhaps a walk downtown, or maybe a drive over to the beach. I am pretty sure I'd have it pretty much to myself. The sands that have been brushed by the northern winds of late are probably beautiful, sans, the footsteps that one would usually find there.

 I need to get off this machine, and go do something, nothing too steeped in effort, but enough to kill a couple fat cells, and give my back some work. Here is what I love about where I live. Come visit, but please move to the peninsula, it has more to do, less to ruin, and is generally more "progressive" than around here. I love stereotypes, sometimes they play to or favor. This area needs business, clean, smart business. If you have to move to Florida, and you have a smart, clean business, come see us!






Sunset on Santa Rosa Sound




                                                        Sound side near Navarre Beach
                                           Resting
                                             There is a very nice bike path along the beach.

                                                 National Seashore looking west to Pensacola Beach



                                           Imagine how this would look without the National Seashore.
                                                  Feeding frenzy, there were about 100 pelicans in all.
                                                        Tides have a creative side too.

No comments:

Post a Comment